Please join us to raise the money we badly need to repair damaged clapboards and repaint the house. Click HERE for Eventbrite tickets or send a check in the amount of $125 per ticket to:
The Hyland House Museum, P.O. Box 229, Guilford, CT 06437
The Hyland House is an historic house museum, named for George Hyland, the settler who purchased the land on which it stands in 1657.
The two-story saltbox structure was built circa 1713 by Hyland’s son-in-law Isaac Parmelee. The National Registry of Historic Places describes it as a “landmark building in the history of domestic architecture.” The homestead inhabitants included Ebeneezer Parmelee, a master clockmaker, and Candace, an enslaved woman for whom Guilford’s first Witness Stone was placed in the museum’s front walkway.
The house opened as a non-profit museum in 1918. For more than a century, the Hyland House has been sharing Guilford’s rich colonial history through tours, events, hands-on programs, classes and research.
For more information on admission, events, membership and volunteering, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We’d love to have you join us!