This short and fun walking tour around the Guilford Green is to inspire elementary school kids to look at the historic houses while walking through town and visiting the Hyland House.
How to do the quest:
- Walk around the Green, starting at 1 Park Street (The Guilford Saving’s Bank), walk up towards the library and around the north side of the Green, passing the First Congregational Church and walking back Whitfield Street. Turn the corner at the south side back to 1 Park Street and walk up Boston Street.
- Look at the house plaques or houses on the quest to find the answers to the questions.
- If you want, bring a picknick along to sit down on a blanket at the last location, the Hyland House Garden. (Please be careful not to step on the flower beds or leave any waste).
- To decipher the answers, use the Culper Code, a code used by George Washington’s spies. Find out more about the Culper Code from Mount Vernon.
- Start by following the links below for the questions and the code.